Here is a guide for communities who want rapid progress towards zero emissions in their local community. It is based on our experience:
- working with several communities and
- our extensive Zero Carbon Australia research.
Our vision is a rapidly growing network of communities across Australia, working together to achieve zero carbon status.
Steps to a Zero Carbon Community
The steps that your community can take towards zero emissions are:
- Community engagement
- Emissions reduction target
- Council endorsement
- Baseline emissions
- Project options
- Transition Strategy
- Reporting and review
This guide clearly describes each step.
Get a Copy
- You can download this guide for free.
- We are building a community of interested people, so we ask you to register.
- Register to Download Zero Carbon Communities Guide
- You should get an automatic email, which is to check that the email address you entered works.
- Click “Yes please confirm subscription”.
- Then, you should get a second automatic email which gives you access to the ZCC Guide.
- Click “download guide”.
- Our emails give you a link to “unsubscribe”.
You can buy a hard copy of the Guide from our online shop.
Zero Carbon Communities Guide
Beyond Zero Emissions
Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Donate to support BZE’s research and advocacy
Our research is showing that Australia can rapidly move to a zero carbon emissions economy. We can become a renewable energy superpower, grasping a secure and prosperous future. View a brief overview of our plans for this transition.
Beyond Zero Emissions is having impact, for example: (1) Our 2012 report, Repowering Port Augusta, and our advocacy eventually led to the 2017 $680 million contract for a solar thermal plant in South Australia, and (2) BZE has been ranked as one of the best independent think tanks in the world, by the Lauder Institute in Pennsylvania USA.
Do consider donating to support our research and advocacy.