Beyond Zero Emissions
To demonstrate through research that technical solutions to climate change already exist, are practical and feasible, and can be implemented immediately.
Beyond Zero Emissions (BZE) is:
- an internationally recognised climate solutions think tank,
- with a large national network of scientists, engineers, economists and expert advisors,
- our research reports form a complete blueprint for Australia to become a thriving zero emissions economy
- We provide detailed costings for a ten-year transition in each sector of Australia’s economy.
- Collaborative research,
- Detailed transition planning,
- Advocacy: for our plans to be put into action
- Public and corporate education, and
- Network building
We are a not-for-profit organisation, dependent on public donations.
Here is an overview of all key BZE publications.
Sections in this page
- Guided by climate science
- Plans for a “Zero Carbon Australia”
- Australia a Renewable Energy Superpower
- The Energy Freedom Project
- The Zero Carbon Communities Project
- Awards for our work
Guided by climate science
The US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) presents the scientific consensus on climate change. (NASA: The Scientific Consensus). NASA quotes leading scientific organisations including:
“It is clear from extensive scientific evidence that the dominant cause of the rapid change in climate of the past half century is human-induced increases in the amount of atmospheric greenhouse gases, including carbon dioxide, chlorofluorocarbons, methane, and nitrous oxide.” (American Meteorological Society)
“Human‐induced climate change requires urgent action. Humanity is the major influence on the global climate change observed over the past 50 years. Rapid societal responses can significantly lessen negative outcomes. (American Geophysical Union)
Beyond Zero Emissions is guided by climate science. We are planning and advocating urgent action to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions to zero, and then to “beyond zero”, in order to reduce the current extremely high level of greenhouse gases in our atmosphere.
We advocate for climate change policy and action that is in line with the science and the 2015 Paris Agreement to reach peak emissions as soon as possible.
Plans for a “Zero Carbon Australia”
The Energy Freedom Project
BZE has set up “Energy Freedom”, a network of Australian households and reputable businesses who are transforming Australian homes into zero-emissions, net energy producers.
We have also written a practical guide-book for renovators and builders.
The Zero Carbon Communities Project
Awards for our work
The Beyond Zero Emissions vision is ambitious, but our research shows it’s achievable. Do join us to create a safer and more sustainable future.
The image at the top of the page
BZE people holding copies of the “Renewable Energy Superpower Report”.