Zero Carbon Communities
Councils and communities have a strong and proud history of leading climate action and many are working towards 100% renewable energy goals and zero emissions targets.
A Zero Carbon Community is any community where people, businesses, clubs, groups and councils are taking action to reduce carbon emissions.
We’re bringing these community champions together to address emissions from the following sectors: Buildings, Energy, Land use, Waste, Transport, and Industry.
JOIN TODAY – IT’S FREE!
For further information on the Zero Carbon Communities initiative, or to find out how you can be part of the team:
Resources to get you started
Beyond Zero Emissions has published two free reports that demonstrate what local councils are doing (and the barriers and opportunities they face), and how it’s affordable and achievable now for Australia to become a zero carbon community.
Benefits for all communities
Our research demonstrates the following achievable benefits of working towards a zero emissions Australia:
- Cost savings through reduced energy consumption
- Access to new investment and funding sources
- Creation of jobs in new energy and other industries
- Achieving sustainability goals and emission reduction targets
- Increased public profile as a leading and innovative community
- Wider economic and social benefits through a healthier environment
ZCC is an initiative of Beyond Zero Emissions – an innovative, volunteer-powered climate solutions think tank based in Melbourne.