Rethinking Cement – Research Impacts
Rethinking Cement has excited Australia’s construction and infrastructure sector – opening up new possibilities.Here are some of the ways Rethinking Cement has made an impact:
- Sustainability Victoria organised a breakfast briefing for Beyond Zero Emissions to present Rethinking Cement to stakeholders involved in the manufacture, supply and procurement of cement and concrete.
- We’ve presented the Rethinking Cement vision to over 1000 stakeholders, including government departments, engineering consultancies and major property and infrastructure companies.
- Transurban engaged Beyond Zero Emissions to advise the company on the potential to reduce the carbon emission of cement used in Transurban’s roads.
- The Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA) created new innovation credits to encourage developers to implement the strategies in Rethinking Cement. This has a huge impact as a large proportion of new infrastructure projects in Australia now register for a rating from ISCA.
- CPB Contractors (a large construction company) organised and hosted events in Brisbane and Sydney to promote Rethinking Cement to senior members of government and the infrastructure sector.
- The Queensland Government wrote to us to say they are considering how to incorporate our approaches in the Queensland Building Plan Initiative.
- Rethinking Cement was covered by articles in The Conversation and The Fifth Estate as well as trade press including the International Cement Review, World Cement, Inside Construction and Engineers Australia.
- We won Best International Energy Think Tank in the prestigious Prospect Think Tank Awards 2018.
Beyond Zero Emissions is powered by volunteers: engineers, scientists, economists and communicators all contribute their time and expertise to develop and promote climate solutions that support a rapid transition to zero emissions. Can you join us?
Sign up today for the latest news on our projects.
Join us to learn more about our research and meet other industry, government and community leaders.
Your tax deductible contribution can fulfil the promise of zero emissions for Australia.