Beyond Zero Emissions (BZE) welcomes the appointment of Eytan Lenko, our Chair and interim CEO, to the Northern Territory Reconstruction Committee.
Eytan has been a long-term advocate for the opportunity that renewable energy brings for the Northern Territory.
BZE launched its ‘NT 10GW’ vision in Darwin recently. It showed how the Northern Territory could create jobs and boost its economy through the opportunities that the creation of low-cost energy provides.
The ideas in the report have been credited with assisting the Northern Territory Government’s climate policies.
“I look forward to working with the other Committee members on the Commission and bringing the insights and experience of our organisation to the table,” Eytan Lenko BZE Chair and interim CEO said.
The membership includes:
- Martin Parkinson, former Secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet and the Department of Treasury.
- Romilly Madew, CEO of Infrastructure Australia.
- Gail Kelly, corporate leader, board director and former CEO of Westpac.
- Eytan Lenko, technology entrepreneur and CEO of Beyond Zero Emissions.
- Professor Mick Dodson, NT Treaty Commissioner.
- Paul Henderson, former Chief Minister.
- Gary Higgins, former Leader of the Opposition and retiring Member for Daly.
Membership will be finalised next week, including the selection of Co-Chairs.
Beyond Zero Emissions is one of Australia’s most respected and awarded energy think-tanks. Our upcoming Million Jobs Plan will show how the Australian economy can thrive through a clean COVID-19 recovery program.
The 10 Gigawatt Vision: How renewable energy can power jobs and investment in the Northern Territory. The Northern Territory has an exceptional opportunity to prosper in this new era by converting abundant sunshine into renewable energy.
By 2030, the NT Government could help drive investment in 10 gigawatts of renewables.