Make your home more liveable in summer with affordable retrofits and adaptations
Online workshop program 25 – 31 October 2021 – register for your workshop here
- 6.30pm Monday 25 October (featuring Dungog)
- 11am Tuesday 26 October
- 5pm Wednesday 27 October
- 12 noon Thursday 28 October (featuring Newcastle)
- 3pm Sunday 31 October
*Residents of the Hunter Valley are welcome to register for any one of the workshops – with participation encouraged when your LGA is featured.
Cooling your home – Free workshop for residents of the Hunter Valley.
Bring along your questions and plans.
Most homes in the Hunter are not built for extreme heat – however there are DIY measures that can make your home more comfortable and safe – for owners and renters. This workshop offers practical information on home retrofits, appliance choices and cost-effective strategies including:
- installing cost-effective retrofits
- updating appliances and using them more strategically
- creating an efficient one-room Cool Retreat
- simple behavioural adaptations to stay cool and survive heat waves
The second part of the workshop is an opportunity to discuss DIY changes you can make at your home with subject-matter experts.
The workshop will be presented by Dr John Shiel
Proudly funded by the NSW Government – Increasing Resilience to Climate Change community grant program.
BZE is also grateful to Hunter Joint Organisation for assistance with this program of workshops.
Sun, 31 Oct 2021
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm AEST