This page contains the latest updates and upcoming events in Beyond Zero Emissions’ Zero Carbon Industry program of work and showcases some of the work of Australian industries undertaking zero and low carbon innovation.
Coming Up –
- May BZE Research Director Michael Lord will speak at National Manufacturing Week at the PANEL DISCUSSION: TECHNOLOGY FOR SUSTAINABLE MANUFACTURING
- July – EcoCity World Summit July 2017 BZE will be presenting our industry research findings, plus discuss some of the implications for infrastructure and construction at this prestigious global conference.
- TBA Newcastle launch of the Zero Carbon Australia Cement Report – in honour of BZE’s Jennifer Bates.
- August onwards – BZE will promote the Zero Carbon Cement Report and the Zero Carbon Renewable Heat Report through the media, trade press and meetings with industry and government stakeholders.
April Update 2017
- Australia’s pipeline of infrastructure projects is now becoming a strong economic priority for governments.
- This means that with the release of the Zero Carbon Industry – Cement and Steel reports BZE now has the exciting opportunity to be part of delivering sustainable, zero carbon infrastructure.
- There is no technical or economic reason why new infrastructure can’t be constructed of materials produced with no natural gas, materials produced using only renewable heat, and materials produced with very few process emissions.
Jan-March Update 2017
- This quarter sees the Zero Carbon Industry project team focussed intensely on completion of research and readying the project for public release.
- Perth-based project collaborators meetings
- World Renewable Energy Congress – Perth – paper presented by research director Michael Lord
October-December Update 2016
- Melbourne Beyond Zero Emissions Discussion Group event November 2016