This page contains the latest updates and upcoming events in Beyond Zero Emissions’ Zero Carbon Communities program of work and showcases some of the strategies and accomplishments of communities undertaking this ambitious program.
Coming Up –
- July – EcoCity World Summit July 2017 – BZE will be showcasing the achievements of our Zero Carbon Communities at this prestigious global conference.
- June 7 2017 – United Nations Association Australia THE CLIMATE COLLABORATION FORUM 2017 -Zero Carbon Communities National Manager Imogen Jubb will be facilitating the UNAA workshop “Mobilising for climate change: Enhancing understanding, developing motivation, improving incentives, removing impediments, providing leadership”.
April and May Update 2017
- Article for councils in the 2017 Australian Local Government Association Yearbook (download) or view here
- Meetings and workshops are underway for each council-scale working group, thanks to the Lord Mayors Charitable Foundation and the Robert Hicks Foundation.
- Baw Baw Zero Emissions, Clean Energy Nillumbik and Renewable Energy Benalla working groups are established and beginning to design their local stationary energy transition strategies.
- Baseline reports documenting existing stationary energy use in each community have been developed and these will form the basis of each of these transition strategies.
Pictured: Renewable Energy Benalla From left, some of the members of REB: Sandy Campbell, John Lloyd, Cath Botta, Kevin Smith, John Bradshaw, Geoff Forman, Larissa Montgomery.
Jan-March Update 2017
- Community Energy Congress Feb 2017
- Sustainable Living Festival Feb 2017
- Melbourne Beyond Zero Emissions Discussion Group event March 6, 2017
Pictured: Members of the Baw Baw Sustainability Network and Baw Baw Council with Imogen Jubb
June – December 2016
- First public and working group meetings held in Nillumbik, Baw Baw, North Mirboo, Seymour and Benalla.
Pictured: Clean Energy Nillumbik – first working group meeting. Back: Ian Culbard, Councillor Grant Brooker, Charles Danby, Peter Voutier, Gary Flood, John Brenan, Imogen Jubb Front: Samantha Chalton, Marguerite Marshall, Kahn Franke, Daryl Brooke
Pictured: Mirboo North – public meeting.
Pictured: Members of the Baw Baw Sustainability Network and Baw Baw Council with BZE’s Imogen Jubb