You are invited to attend the Brisbane launch of the Zero Carbon Australia Stationary Energy Plan.
Wednesday 27 October, 6-8pm
Plaza Terrace Room, Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Cnr Merivale and Glenelg Streets, South Bank, Brisbane
Welcome and MC: Professor Ian Lowe AO, Emeritus professor of science, technology and society at Griffith University and President of the Australian Conservation Foundation
- Matthew Wright, Executive Director Beyond Zero Emissions
- Dr Luis Crespo, General Secretary Protermasolar, Spain
- John Daley, CEO Grattan Institute
- Prof Ove Hoegh-Guldberg, UQ Global Change Institute
- Prof Mike Sandiford, Melbourne Energy Research Institute
- Klaus Langer, CEO Latronics Qld
- Prof John Bell, Assistant Dean, Research, Faculty of Built, Environment and Engineering QUT
- Larissa Waters, federal senator elect for Queensland
More speakers to be announced…
This cutting-edge plan, the culmination of over 12 months and thousands of hours of pro bono work by engineers, scientists and postgraduate students, is a collaboration between the climate solutions think tank Beyond Zero Emissions, and the University of Melbourne Energy Institute.
This plan is unique in Australia. It is a detailed and costed blueprint for transitioning our stationary energy sector to 100% renewable energy in ten years. The technologies utilised in this plan are commercially available now.
This free public event will cover the details of the plan as well as the state of renewable energy in Australia more broadly. A panel discussion with technical experts will follow the presentations.
Don’t miss out!
To RSVP click here.
For help in finding the venue, click here.
The Brisbane Launch is proudly sponsored by Latronics
Venue kindly provided in-kind by the Queensland University of Technology, The Australian Green Infrastructure Council, and the Cooperative Research Centre for Infrastructure Engineering Asset Management.