Beyond Zero Emissions and the University of Melbourne’s Energy Research Institute have completed research and developed plans for Australia’s transition to a zero-carbon economy within a decade. This is the Zero Carbon Australia project.
The project has produced six plans to date:
- Stationary Energy Plan (2010)
- Buildings Plan (2013)
- High Speed Rail Plan (2014)
- Land Use Plan (2014)
- Renewable Energy Superpower (2015)
- Electric Vehicles Report (2016)
The Industrial Processes Plan is a work in progress
The Project’s Guiding Principles
- Australia’s energy is provided entirely from renewable sources at the end of the transition period.
- All technological solutions employed are from proven and scaleable technology which is commercially available.
- The security and reliability of Australia’s energy supply is maintained or enhanced by the transition.
- Food and water security are maintained or enhanced by the transition.
- The high standard of living currently enjoyed by Australians is maintained or enhanced by the transition.
- Social equity is maintained or enhanced by the transition.
- Other environmental indices are maintained
You can find the original overview brochure here:
Similar Plans Overseas
Mark Z Jacobson: Scientific American Repowering a green planet
Zero Carbon Britain http://zerocarbonbritain.com/