The Zero Carbon Australia project is a series of research publications showing in detail how every sector of the Australian economy can move to zero emissions within 10 years using off-the-shelf, cost-effective technologies run on 100% renewable energy. The Zero Carbon Australia series comprises:
- Stationary Energy Plan (2010),
- Buildings Plan (2013),
- Zero Emissions Transport Plan – High-Speed Rail report (2014), Electric Vehicles report (2016)
- Land Use Plan – Agriculture and Forestry report (2014),
- Renewable Energy Superpower Plan – report (2015),
- Zero-Carbon Industry Plan – reports to be published in 2017
Over 10 years, BZE has collaborated with institutions and private philanthropic foundations to create the acclaimed Zero Carbon Australia research.
BZE is are now partnering with leading local governments, businesses, states and territories to inform the implementation and policy required by communities to run cost-effective rapid zero emissions strategies.
Zero Carbon Communities
Since 2015, BZE has partnered with the Byron Shire Council and its community to create, and begin to implement, a blueprint for a 10 year transition based on the Zero Carbon Australia plans.
These plans will form a complete blueprint for each sector of the Australian economy which sees Australia become a thriving zero emissions economy.
Zero Carbon Australia Guiding Principles
- Provide Australia’s entire energy from renewable sources at the end of the transition period,
- Employ only proven and scaleable technology which is already commercially available,
- Maintain or enhance the security and reliability of Australia’s energy supply,
- Maintain or enhance food and water security,
- Maintain or enhance the high standard of living currently enjoyed by Australians,
- Maintain or enhance social equity, and
- Maintain other environmental indices.
Similar Plans Overseas
Mark Z Jacobson: Scientific American Repowering a green planet
Zero Carbon Britain http://zerocarbonbritain.com/