The Zero Carbon Australia Plan is a series of research publications by Beyond Zero Emissions.
Zero Carbon Australia updates here.
This plan shows in detail how every sector of the Australian economy can move to zero emissions within 10 years using off-the-shelf, cost-effective technologies.
The Zero Carbon Australia Plan comprises:
- Zero Carbon Australia Stationary Energy Plan (2010);
- Zero Carbon Australia Buildings Plan (2013);
- Zero Carbon Australia Transport Plan – High-Speed Rail report (2014), Electric Vehicles report (2016);
- Zero Carbon Australia Land Use Plan – Land Use : Agriculture and Forestry Discussion Paper (2014);
- Zero Carbon Australia Export Plan – Fossil Economy (2014), Carbon Capture and Storage Report (2014), Carbon Crisis: Systemic Risk of Carbon Emission Liabilities report (2015), Renewable Energy Superpower Report (2015);
- Zero Carbon Australia Industry Plan – reports on Zero Carbon Cement, Renewable Heat and Zero Carbon Steel to be published in 2017 and 2018.
Over 10 years, BZE has collaborated with institutions and private philanthropic foundations to create the acclaimed Zero Carbon Australia Plan.
Now, BZE is partnering with leading local governments, businesses, states and territories to inform the implementation and policy required by communities to run cost-effective rapid zero emissions strategies.
Zero Carbon Communities
Since 2015, BZE has partnered with the Byron Shire Council and its community to create, and begin to implement, a blueprint for a 10 year transition based on the Zero Carbon Australia plans.
Zero Carbon Australia Guiding Principles
- Provide Australia’s entire energy from renewable sources at the end of the transition period,
- Employ only proven and scaleable technology which is already commercially available,
- Maintain or enhance the security and reliability of Australia’s energy supply,
- Maintain or enhance food and water security,
- Maintain or enhance the high standard of living currently enjoyed by Australians,
- Maintain or enhance social equity, and
- Maintain other environmental indices.