Roger Davies’ Fluid Solar office cuts connection to grid

In this podcast, Beyond Zero radio talk to A/Professor Roger Davies, Managing Director of Fluid Solar whose company’s Adelaide headquarters, has cut itself from the electricity grid. The 4-storey office building is powered by a combination of thermal and PV solar and wind energy.

“The $8 million Fluid Solar headquarters in Adelaide’s northern suburbs contains more than 2MWh of energy storage capacity, comprising about 90% thermal storage with the remaining 10% provided by conventional battery storage. Fluid Solar House has been operating without the use of the electricity grid since April to test its technologies.” [Photo supplied by Roger Davies]

BZE Technology Radio Show: 22 September 2017: Podcast

Beyond Zero Emissions talks to A/Professor Roger Davies

BZE Interviewers: Natalie Bucknell, Kay Wennagel, Michael Staindl

Interview broadcast on: 22 September 2017

From Radio 3CR in Melbourne, Australia

 

Further reading:

The Lead: Hybrid office building cuts cord to electricity grid

By | 2017-09-22T22:26:44+00:00 22 Sep 2017|Technology Show|Comments Off on Roger Davies’ Fluid Solar office cuts connection to grid