WANTED – Part time volunteer/intern web developer (WordPress) and graphic work: 3 – 6 months
Urgent new role!
Beyond Zero Emissions (BZE) is a small, independent yet agile not for profit that aims to transform Australia into a 21st century, zero carbon economy.
BZE has an exciting 3-6 month opportunity for a keen, enthusiastic and passionate volunteer to join our team for 1-2 days per week as volunteer web developer and graphic work. We are looking for a candidate who can start immediately. This important role will include web development of a new WordPress site and development of infographics and visual marketing materials to support the communication of specific programs and services, most urgently our Zero Carbon Communities initiative. You will also have the opportunity to input into web development and graphic work for existing BZE sites and recruit more volunteers to support your work as required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a new WordPress site for the Zero Carbon Communities Initiative
- Developing infographics and visual marketing materials to support BZE’s work and most urgently the Zero Carbon Communities Initiative
- Working alongside the BZE team to provide advice and input into other new and existing web projects and graphic work
The ideal candidate will have:
- Skilled and detail oriented web design skills in the design and development of WordPress sites OR a quick learner of WordPress themes and plugins
- Strong graphic design skills with the ability to work closely with the team to translate BZE’s technical and written work into powerful and creative visuals and infographics
- Ability to work closely with the BZE team although can work autonomously during busy periods.
- Ability to quickly develop an understanding of specific programs and services provided by BZE
- Ideally based in Melbourne or Canberra (or can work remotely from anywhere)
This role will allow you to remain close to the cause and experience the inner workings of an organization ranked globally in the top ten think tanks to watch in 2016. You will also learn about and join upcoming events and opportunities that may not be publicized in advance and can use your experience to ensure your CV stands out for future job applications.
If you are interested and available to fulfill the time requirements for this role, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a short description of your reasons for applying and any relevant skills and experience.