Key Publications by Sector
Here are our key publications for each sector of the Australian economy.
Energy Sector Publications
An Energy Sector Plan: Part of the Zero Carbon Australia Plan
This report presents a compelling vision for Australia’s future. Australia could grasp a prosperous future, by rapidly moving to renewables and becoming a renewable energy superpower. Get a copy. We have the advantages of: world class solar and wind resources, a widespread electricity distribution grid, a skilled and innovative workforce and industry sector, capable research […]
The Renewable Energy Superpower report presents a compelling vision for Australia’s future. To grasp this once off opportunity, Australia needs to act with urgency on these Zero Carbon Australia plans, or similar plans.
An Energy Sector Plan: Part of the Zero Carbon Australia Plan.
The plan is to provide 100% of Australia’s electricity from renewables, using mostly wind and solar generators, geographically dispersed around an improved national grid. It allows for electricity demand in 2020 to be 40% greater than in 2008, sufficient to replace all fossil fuel use, including heating and transport as they move to electricity. The plan […]
Other BZE energy sector plans and papers are:
Transport Sector Publications
Buildings Sector Publications
A guidebook for renovators and builders emerged from the Building Plan.
Agricultural Sector Publication
The Export Sector
The export sector is discussed in several of our reports:
- Renewable Energy Superpower Report (2015).
- Fossil Economy (2014),
- Carbon Crisis: Systemic Risk of Carbon Emission Liabilities report (2015)
The Industry Sector Publications
The industry sector plan will be made up of several other reports too:
- Renewable Heat Report (Planned for 2018), and
- Zero Carbon Steel Report (planned for 2018)
Community Sector Publication
BZE has partnered with local governments, businesses, states and territories to create a guide for communities moving to zero emissions.
Zero Carbon Australia Guiding Principles
In our planning, we aim to:
- Provide Australia’s entire energy from renewable sources at the end of the transition period,
- Employ only proven and scaleable technology which is already commercially available,
- Maintain or enhance the security and reliability of Australia’s energy supply,
- Maintain or enhance food and water security,
- Maintain or enhance the high standard of living currently enjoyed by Australians,
- Maintain or enhance social equity, and
- Maintain other environmental indices.
Ways of viewing our publications:
- Key Publications with Description by Date
- Key Publications by Sector of the Australian Economy
- Full Publication List