The BZE monthly discussion group is:
- open to the public,
- normally on the first Monday of each month, except January,
- at 6:30pm,
- in the University of Melbourne.
At each discussion group an expert, in the field of climate change solutions, presents to the audience, and the audience can then ask questions.
The topics vary from technical innovations in renewable energy to social and political action.
The group promotes the exchange of information and ideas to encourage the urgent transformation of Australia into a zero carbon economy.
The Normal Venue
The Fritz Loewe Theatre: Melbourne University
(Occasionally we use a different venue)
Discussion groups of the past
The first discussion group meeting was on Monday 7 April 2008. Guests have included:
- Ian Dunlop, former head of the Australian Coal Association
- Dr David Suzuki, Canadian environmentalist and author
- Dr. Keith Lovegrove, Head of the ANU Solar Thermal Group
- Phil Hart, member of the Australian Association for the Study of Peak Oil (ASPO)
- Adam Bandt, federal member of parliament
We normally record the discussion groups
You can watch the videos or listen to the audio recordings of the discussion group.
Future Discussion Groups
You can see notices detailing future discussion groups on our website calendar.
Subscribing to podcasts
You can subscribe to the “discussion group podcast stream”:
Explanation of our “podcast subscription” and “audio player”